- Take on a varied and interesting role with an established and respected community organisation.
- Attractive remuneration $90,404.89 plus generous salary packaging, up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities, and in-service training.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Occupational Therapist to join their dedicated Community Care Services team, based in Bundaberg.
As part of the Community Care Services Team, the Occupational Therapist (OT) will provide community based OT Intervention for a wide range of client groups.
These services may include:
- Home-based occupational therapy assessments including all areas of activities of daily living, mobility and home safety;
- Equipment prescription and relevant clinical justification - basic equipment through to more complex specialised equipment;
- Minor and major home modification recommendations with relevant diagrams;
- Recommendation of community-based services;
- Home safety assessments;
- Equipment applications for a variety of government equipment programs;
- Client assessment, intervention and report writing;
- Communicating assessed needs clearly and precisely to clients; and
- Services offered via a range of funding grants and as full fee service offered on a fee for service basis to non-subsidised clients.
Duties will include:
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQ mission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
- Regular review of performance of services in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
- Contribute to the development and support of business models for sustainable growth of the business unit.
- Regularly review and develop, in consultation with Community Care Manager Southern Region, organisation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate legislative and quality standards;
- Provide direct client services relevant to your qualifications in line with organisational policies and procedures and relevant government and funding standards.
Networks & Stakeholders
- Participate in community activities and networking opportunities to build awareness of CentacareCQ services;
- Represent CentacareCQ at forums, conferences and other networking opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Community Care Manager Southern Region, support the identification of business opportunities within the existing business unit to expand the quantity and/or range of services provided.
- Build a positive culture within the business unit in line with CentacareCQ’s mission, vision and values.
Complaint & Incident Management
- Report on incidents which occur within the business unit;
- Create and support a safe working environment for all employees within the business unit.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary of $90,404.89, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.