Transport Driver (Part-Time)
- Attractive salary $26.14 - $28.28 an hour, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the south, and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling, and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples, and families to continue to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a part-time Transport Driver to join the Community Care Service Team based in Rockhampton (min 20 hours per fortnight).
Transport Drivers support clients to access a range of services to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
The pre-requisites of this position are as follows:
- Current Blue and Yellow (NDIS) Cards or be willing to obtain these
- A current drivers accreditation authority (Industry Authority licences) to transport people
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one.
What we are looking for:
- A team player;
- Someone with the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations;
- Someone who is willing and available to work over a roster and pick up emergency shifts.
Duties of the role include:
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within CentacareCQ in line with the organisation’s mission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
- Ensure services are delivered in line with program guidelines and organisational policies and procedures;
- Complete a range of documentation as required including:
- Daily inspection records;
- Vehicle defect register;
- Use of iPhone, iPad and Navman equipment;
- Use of relevant organisational systems including Riskman.
- Implement safe work practices when working with client walking aids, including use of hoist.
- The driving of individuals or groups of clients and others to appropriate destinations for the purpose of shopping, attending appointments, participating in group activities or social events;
- Ensuring clients are collected and dropped off at their required destinations on time and as per their care plan;
- To assist clients with transfers on and off the bus;
- Promoting CentacareCQ in an informative and positive manner to help clients receive the most out of their services with the organisation.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary of $26.14 - $28.28 an hour, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.