Home Maintenance Manager
- Newly created role, opportunity to lead the team into the future.
- Being trade qualified, great customer service and quoting ability
- You will be meeting KPI's while drawing on all your Management Skills
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Home Maintenance Manager to join its dedicated Community Services Team based in Bundaberg.
The Home Maintenance Manager is responsible for the effective delivery of Home Maintenance Services across the Southern Region (Bundaberg). These services are predominately funded by the Home Assist Secure Program with additional funding provided by the Commonwealth Home Support Program, Queensland Community Support Scheme, the National Disability Support Program and Home Care Packages. Additional work may be conducted under a brokerage arrangement or for private clients.
Objectives for this role include:
- Ensuring Clients are provided with services within a reasonable time frame;
- Providing quotes for home maintenance jobs and coordinating service delivery;
- Overseeing engagement of contractors for services not able to be provided by internal staff, ensuring budget allocations are not exceeded;
- Supporting team members to successfully complete their roles through effective service scheduling, training and ordering of consumables and materials;
- Responding to client complaints and ensuring a high level of customer service is provided at all times;
- Ensure a safe workspace for all team members and respond to incidents including implementation of corrective measures.
Providing direct Line Management to the Yard Maintenance Coordinator to support KPI achievements for this team.
Mission, Vision & Values
- Ensure all staff within the team engage with the formation activities of CentacareCQ;
- Ensure all services are delivered in a manner that aligns with the Mission and Values of CentacareCQ and the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton.
Policy, Planning and Communication:
- Ensure the activities of the program are aligned towards the achievement of the KPI indicators and ensure regular reports are provided to the Community Care Manager (Southern Region) outlining how the program is performing against the KPI.
Financial and Resource Management and Control:
- Work with the Community Care Manager (Southern Region) to develop the operating budget for the Program as part of the CentacareCQ Annual Budget Cycle;
- Regularly (monthly) monitor and review financial performance against approved annual budget and provide feedback on variations as requested;
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure the principles of stewardship are applied to all purchasing decisions made by service delivery staff;
- Identify opportunities for improving the financial performance and sustainability of the program through growth in revenue and/or reduction in expenditure.
Business Development and Day-to-day Operation:
- Ensure services are delivered across the region in accordance with organisation policies and procedures;
- Ensure all client complaints and worker related incidents are investigated and resolved within the required timeframes and documented through the Riskman system;
- Monitor staff productivity and in consultation with the Community Care Manager (Southern Region) implement continuous improvement;
- Provide direct client services (quoting, service delivery) as needed to ensure program KPI’s are met.
Staff Leadership and Development:
- Ensure all team members know what is expected and required of them and what their roles entail. Ensure regular feedback is provided to all staff and minimum standards of documented line management records are maintained;
- Ensure all team members are provided with training and development opportunities through the professional development plan, and ensure minimum qualification and competencies levels are maintained and documented for each role;
- Ensure feedback and performance management are undertaken within the team as required and complies with CentacareCQ policies and procedures and include the completion of appropriate documentation.
Governance and Legal Matters:
- Ensure each employee has a workplace that is free from bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual harassment;
- Ensure the risk Management framework is applied across all business units within the region and risk assessments are completed, documented and stored as required by CentacareCQ's policies and procedures;
- Ensure all workplace health and safety requirements are meet within the region at all times and ensure documentation (incidents) is recorded in Riskman wherever an incident occurs or reasonably could have occurred;
- Ensure the Community Care Manager (Southern Region) and other relevant managers are kept advised accurately and in a timely manner on all performance, risk, human resource, service delivery and other key organisational matters.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Participate in and represent CentacareCQ at community activities and networking opportunities to build awareness of CentacareCQ services;
- Ensure CentacareCQ is recognised as a reputable and credible provider of services through a practice of good service delivery, a safe working environment and being responsive to consumer feedback;
- Maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders including Managers of organisational functions, the Community Care Manager (Southern Region), General Manager Health and Wellbeing Services (Southern Region) and the Director.
- Participate in regular line management;
- Undertake professional development;
- Comply with CentacareCQ’s policies and procedures, as per the Quality System (including current Workplace Health and Safety legislation) and relevant legislation.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary of $83,612.79.00 - $87,885.24.00, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction upon commencement of employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family-friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.