- Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of other people
- Attractive remuneration package, commensurate with skills and qualifications
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the south, and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling, and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples, and families to continue to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a part-time Cadet/Domestic Assistant to join the Community Care Service Team based in Rockhampton.
As a member of the Community Care Service Team staff are responsible for providing a range of services to:
- Eligible clients living in the community who would be at risk of premature or inappropriate long-term residential care;
- Older, frail people or younger people with mild to moderate disabilities;
- The unpaid carers of participants within the program.
The pre-requisites of this position are as follows:
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to use their own vehicle
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
What we are looking for:
- A team player
- Passion for helping others
- Someone who is flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQ mission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
Client and Services
- Provide a range of services to clients as per client care plans and rosters, in line with CentacareCQ policy and procedures that may include (but is not limited to)
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, dusting, folding, ironing, cleaning bathroom, toilet and any other suitable house duties
- Meals - to deliver in-home meals or assist with the preparation of meals;
Documentation & Communication
- Complete a range of documentation as per organisational procedures.
Workplace Health and Safety
- Follow all relevant organisational policies and procedures with regards to Workplace Health and Safety;
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) supplied by CentacareCQ;
- Report hazard and incidents and report as per procedures ;
- Assess risk in the workplace and notify line manager of any risks immediately.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities);
A healthy work/life balance and supports family friendly practices within the workplace;
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take-home pay.
Cadet Domestic Assistant for full Position Description, click here.
Domestic Assistant for the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police record check and a Working with Children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.