- Salary of $83,612.79 - $87,885.24 with Negotiable hours, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons.
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
About the Opportunity
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a Social Worker to join their dedicated Team based in Bundaberg, the hours for this role is negotiable ranging from 3-5 days.
As a member of the Community Care Allied Health Team Social Workers will hold relevant Mental Health Qualifications and AASW membership and are responsible for providing social work services to eligible funded and non funded clients under the Community Care Stream relevant to their qualifications to CentacareCQ clients. Key tasks of this role may include providing:
- Mental Health Assessments
- Support, Information, Referral
- Case Management
- Develop and implement behaviour support plans including staff training to implement plans
- Develop and implement Pscyho educational programs for internal and external stakeholders
Allied Health Workers must ensure they provide services in accordance with relevant funding and professional guidelines and standards and must maintain relevant qualifications to provide services.
Allied Health Workers must participate in program promotion and networking to ensure the ongoing financial viability of the program, ensure that local community needs are met and opportunities to work collaboratively with other agencies are explored to benefit service users.
This position holds opportunities for job diversity as appropriately trained staff may work across a range of funded Organisation Programs.
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within the Organisation in line with CentacareCQ Mission, Vision and Values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
Day To Day Operations
- Provide client assessment / diagnostic testing and therapeutic counselling services to clients;
- Develop, plan and supervise the implementation of psycho-educational activities ;
- Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines, funding accountability and professional responsibilities;
- Develop and implement positive behaviour support plans including training of relevant staff.
- Identify and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Network within the region and with other key external stakeholders to ensure up to date information is available in relation to all areas of the Counselling Program and fee for services;
- Undertake promotional activities.
For the full position description of Social Worker, click here.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary depending on the role and qualification between $83,612.79 - $87,885.24, plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.