Family Relationship and Child Witness Counsellor
- Attractive salary circa part-time $36.23 - $39.39 an hour, plus salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900.
- Build your career with a diverse range of professional development opportunities and in-service training.
- CentacareCQ welcomes applications from Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander persons
CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well-respected community organisation providing services across Central Queensland - from Mackay in the north, to Bundaberg in the south and out to the Central West. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services. We do this through education, counselling and community support - encouraging and strengthening individuals, couples and families to develop and grow in all areas of their lives.
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a part-time Family Relationship and Child Witness Counsellor to join their dedicated Clinical & Social Services Team, based in Emerald.
- Child Witness Counsellor 30.4 hours per fortnight
- Family Relationship Counsellor 45.6 hours per fortnight
- Both roles combined 76 hours per fortnight
Family Relationship & Child Witness Counsellors are responsible for providing a range of Family Relationship Counselling Services to individuals, families, groups, children and young people and our Domestic & Family Violence Services Program.
Key tasks of this role include providing:
- Therapeutic counselling services including therapeutic counselling and psychoeducational developmental therapeutic programs to children 0 – 18 years, their parents or care givers who have been affected by Family and Domestic Violence;
- Psychoeducational services to individuals or groups;
- Community education services; and
- Critical Incident Responses.
The staff member must ensure they provide services in accordance with relevant funding guidelines and standards including services in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975.
Accommodation allowance of $150 per week (Pro rata based on full-time hours).
Duties of the role include:
Mission, Vision and Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQ mission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
- Provide client assessment and therapeutic counselling to children, individuals, couples and families in accordance to the Family Law Act 1975 (Family Counsellors). Provide timely and quality risk assessment (including safety and support planning), information, support and specialist counselling to children, affected or at risk of being affected, by domestic and family violence, to eligible clients under the Domestic & Family Violence Service Program;
- Develop, plan and supervise the implementation of psychoeducational, developmental therapeutic programs or community education activities;
- Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines, funding accountability and professional responsibilities;
- Provide response to critical stress incidents and to post-traumatic stress disorders to ensure contract requirements are met for ACCESSCQ services.
Network and Stakeholders
- Network with other community agencies and stakeholders and provide appropriate client referrals as needed;
- Contribute to effective and innovative service delivery models to increase client numbers;
- Engage in integrated community responses to domestic and family violence;
- Liaise effectively with appropriate crisis response service providers for referrals and networking purposes, including: police, DV Connect, Child Safety, Men’s Helpline and legal services.
- Participate actively in team meetings.
About the Benefits
To reward your commitment, CentacareCQ will offer an attractive salary package circa $36.23 - $39.39 an hour , plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities)
- A healthy work/life balance and supportive family friendly practices within the workplace
For the full Position Description, click here.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in a Police Record Check and a Working with Children Check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.